* * * * * * * * * * Saturday, April 30 * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Wagon Train begins the morning travelling through beautiful ranch land off Ridge Road. The trip continues with stops at the Kit Carson Mountain Men Hut in Jackson and a visit with residents at Oak Manor Retirement Complex, next to the Amador Senior Center. Tonight’s encampment is at the historic Laughton Ranch, (90 Clinton Road, Jackson, across from Raley’s).
The public is invited to a free, full day of activities at this delightful working ranch. Several living history programs, vendors, entertainment, music and dancing are planned in to the night. A BBQ will be available throughout the day.
- 9AM - departs the Italian Picnic Grounds
- 11:30AM - Stops at Mountain Men Hut (Kennedy Tailing Wheels), 30 min stop
- Noonish - Procession on Main Street in Jackson (Street open to traffic)
- 1PM - Stops at Senior Center in Jackson, 30 min stop
- 2PM - Arrives at Laughton Ranch
- Noon to 8PM - "Days of 49" Celebration at Laughton Ranch (90 Clinton Rd, across from Raley's)
- Family fun activities, magic act, living history programs, vendors, entertainment and classic country music by Those Windburn Brothers
- BBQ Lunch and Diner available