Amador City, founded in 1851 and incorporated in 1915, is one of the smallest cities in the state in population and area. Amador Creek’s most prominent miner was Jose Maria Amador, owner of an east bay ranchero of hundreds of acres in what is now Amador Valley. The Amador Whitney Museum interprets Mother Lode history through the contributions and experiences of women. Located in the Fleehart Building, Amador City's oldest building, circa 1860s or earlier. This building was the only store to survive the big fire of 1878.
Click HERE to visit the Amador City Website provided by the Amador City Business & Community Association.